- A Contest to Design New York City’s Next ‘I Voted’ StickerThe city’s Campaign Finance Board is holding a competition to design a new sticker to be handed out during the Nov. 7 elections, when voters will cast ballots for mayor.
- Metropolitan Diary: Behind Unmarked DoorsTallying up dates spent at modern-day speakeasies.
- Cuomo Plots Demise of Bronx’s Unloved Sheridan ExpresswayGov. Andrew M. Cuomo endorsed a $700 million plan to tear down the highway built by Robert Moses and replace it with a tree-lined boulevard that could stitch the community back together.
- CUNY to Revamp Remedial Programs, Hoping to Lift Graduation RatesAdministrators are trying to make necessary catch-up classes at community colleges less of a stumbling block toward earning a degree.
- Jimmy Breslin, Legendary New York City Newspaper Columnist, Dies at 88With prose that was savagely funny, deceptively simple and poorly imitated, Mr. Breslin created his own distinct rhythm in the hurly-burly music of newspapers.
- Side Street: Once a Musician’s Haven, the Bronx Is Pricing Out Its SidemenWhile some are pushing to create affordable housing for aging musicians, rising rents and shifts in the music business have left few options for many artists.
- A Historic New Jersey Cemetery Sits Neglected and BlightedThe 37-acre Woodland Cemetery, which dates to Newark’s 19th-century heyday, has become a haven for crime and a scene of disrepair.
- As Uber Woos More Drivers, Taxis Hit BackRival centers serving drivers underscore a fierce competition as ride-hailing apps have expanded in New York.
- Frederic Nathan, New York City Legal Officer, Dies at 94A city lawyer who was in charge of enforcing the Public Employees Fair Employment Act, which prohibited strikes by state and municipal workers.
- Album: Capturing New York City, as It AwakensThe photographer Sasha Arutyunova took photographs of New York City during its daybreak hours, before it applied its makeup or donned its power suit.
- A Contest to Design New York City’s Next ‘I Voted’ Sticker
- ** 3 Openings to fill - Training Available
- Boutique Style Gift Shop (New York)
- Site Superviors and Group Leaders (Yonkers, New York)
- HIRING SHIFT LEADERS for Vegetable Focused Fast Casual - SEND RESUME! (Rye Brook)
- cement and stone (westchester)
- FEDEX GROUND TRUCK SWING DRIVERS (BRONX, NY)
- Dental assistant/Front Desk (white Plains)
- Dental Receptionist needed for modern, growing office! (YONKERS)
- General Dentist for modern, growing practice (Yonkers, NY)
- After School Lead Instructors Wanted for Kids Program (Westchester, Rockland and Fairfield Co)
- racing diamond wheels 16" $350
- Toys for sale $5
- Used snow blower for sale $200
- Hamilton Wed March 29 (Front Mezz Center) $1700
- 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 (Wilkins Motorsports) $6700
- 05 f250 powerstroke $25000
- Clothings xl xxl xxxl (White plains) $2
- New era hats used (White plains) $15
- M audio keyboards (White plains) $150
- Recording kit (White plains) $300
- Bally bag (White plains) $299
- 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 (Wilkins Motorsports) $6950
- 2010 Volkswagen GTI MK6 $9500
- Accord 07 lx (White plains ny) $4999
- 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Wilkins Motorsports) $4300
- Apple Ipad (Yonkers) $130
- Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren (Yonkers) $120
- Michael Jordan Mitchell & Ness Jersey New (Yonkers) $80
- Alonzo Mourning Mitchell & Ness Jersey (Yonkers) $60
- Polo Ralph Lauren Indian Head Sweater (Yonkers) $50
Category Archives: Ridgefield
Birthday Parties! Let a Mathnasium instructor run a fantastic party for your birthday child and their friends. Enjoy private use of our center for 1.5 hours. Your party host will engage your guests in fun and engaging LEGO build challenges! We’ll … Continue reading
Chili Cook-Off, Touch-A-Truck and Cookie Walk Saturday, November 14, 2015 11:00am 3:00pm Whose chili is the best? Come taste all and vote for your favorite at Pound Ridge Elementary School. Purchase cookies by the pound at the PRCC Women’s Cookie … Continue reading
Bestselling Author Jen Sincero at Mike Risko Music, December 2, 2015 Jen Sincero, New York Times best-selling author of You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, comes to Mike Risko … Continue reading
Cult Classics: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984) DIRECTED BY: Wes Craven STARRING: Heather Langenkamp, Johnny Depp, Robert Englund UPCOMING SHOWTIMES: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 -8:30PM ABOUT: A group of teenagers are terrorized by “Freddy Krueger”, an evil being from … Continue reading
â€˜The Ghosts of Ridgefieldâ€™ Return to Hemlock Hills Saturday, October 24, 2014 October is the month of shadows. As Halloween approaches, the spirit world meets the living, and in certain places, ghosts can be seen by mortals. Ridgefield’s own Hemlock … Continue reading
Spooky Tales Stories to Tickle Your Spine All Ages, Kids & Families Music Room Adult: $12.50, Child: $9 Come with your little ones to a riveting performance in the Music Room with storyteller LuAnn Adams to kick off your Halloween … Continue reading
5th Annual ArtsFest Sunday, September 20, 2015 1pm – 4pm Silvermine Arts Center Free On Sunday, September 20th, Silvermineâ€™s FREE annual ArtsFest celebrates its 5th year. Join Fairfield Countyâ€™s premier arts center for an afternoon of fun for all ages.Â … Continue reading
Personal Trainer, $22/hr, Excellent Attitude, People Person, Growth/Bonus Opportunities. Visit bodyfit4all.com and go to the ‘Job Openings’ tab to apply. The Gym @ BodyFit Cross River, NY, 10518
Ron White Sat, October 17, 2015 Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 8:00 pm The Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY For more information visit:Â http://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/ Comedian Ron â€œTater Saladâ€ White first rose to fame as the cigar-smoking, scotch-drinking funnyman from the Blue … Continue reading
Searching for butterflies will happen Saturday, August 15th at 10:00 A.M. in the parking area on the corner of Simpaug Turnpike and Route 7 (near the Norwalk River Study Area).Â The Discovery Center at Ridgefield is hosting a Butterfly … Continue reading